Saturday, September 25, 2010

Focus? On Who?

Despite what you may think, my life is not all roses, chocolate and smiles. This week was particularly discouraging. I wont go into any details, but let's just say the end of my week was completely and totally horrible. I felt like i was loosing someone. I felt rejected and used. I was also tired. A hug just wasn't going to fix everything! (believe me, I tried that). I was focusing on ME, MY problems, and how hurt I was. I didn't leave my focus on the God who is in charge of everything and, despite how it feels sometimes, want's His children to be happy serving him. A good friend pointed this out to me this evening. I really didn't want to admit it to myself, but I had lost focus. It was on the horribly fallible me, and not on the incredibly infallible God. I needed to see that I'm not really what matters in the scheme of things, and that God is, and what I do to draw others' attention away from me and toward Him. This is a lesson I am constantly learning, and re-learning.
So those are my thoughts for this weeks post :-)     

No comments:

Post a Comment